Thursday, January 2, 2014

Slimming World Spicy Chicken Burger







This recipe is from a Slimming World magazine; my boyfriend loves chicken burgers so I thought I would try to make my own so it would be as healthy as possible. This turned out really well and he was very impressed!



To serve 2, you need:

2 chicken breasts

1 tsp curry powder

half a carrot, grated

bread rolls to serve



Chop the chicken in a food processor until you have mince









Grate the carrot and mix in, along with the curry powder.






Shape into patties and grill or oven cook for about 15 mins






I cut into one to check it was cooked; the curry powder gives the burgers a pink colour so it's hard to tell from the outside when they are ready.






Serve in a bread roll, and enjoy!






I'd already written this post when I saw that Helen at Fuss Free Flavours and Michelle at Utterly Scrummy have come up with a great blog challenge- Extra Veg. The idea is to include an extra portion of veg in any recipe or meal - so these burgers with their hidden grated carrot are perfect (and you can't taste the carrot, I promise!).





0 comments:

Post a Comment