I wasn't particularly impressed with a lunch I had at All Bar One on Bishopsgate before I went off to get married. I went with half a dozen colleagues and we had a large table reserved for us near the bar. There was plenty of choice on the menu and I decided that because my wedding wasn't far away I was going to have a salad. I ordered the superfood salad, which is vegan but you can add halloumi, chicken or prawns for a few pounds extra so I had the prawns. The salad consists of mixed leaves, giant couscous, pomegranate and lentil tabbouleh, butternut squash and beetroot, with a pineapple, lemongrass and ginger dressing.
I was so busy talking to my friends that I didn't really pay much attention to the menu and enjoyed the salad, but it was only when I left and chatted to a friend who had ordered the same thing that we realised our salads had no butternut squash and no pomegranate - pretty much half the main ingredients! The squash would have made the salad much more filling too so it was quite strange and annoying both that and the pomegranate (one of the more expensive ingredients) had been left out and what I had was a pretty plain salad. It didn't seem worth going back to the bar after we had left and complaining as there wasn't much they could do, and I wasn't even sure if they would give us our money back as we hadn't complained at the time.
Then I spoke to another colleague and discovered her chicken and avocado salad had plenty of other ingredients in it but was missing the avocado too! The bar wasn't particularly busy that lunchtime so maybe one of the chefs was having an off day, but unfortunately it's put me off going back. The rest of my colleagues, who did get what they had ordered, did really enjoy their meals at least!
clicksor_enable_inter = true; clicksor_maxad = -1;
clicksor_hourcap = -1; clicksor_showcap = 2;
clicksor_enable_adhere = false;
//default pop-under house ad url
clicksor_enable_pop = true; clicksor_frequencyCap = -1;
durl = '';clicksor_mobile_redirect = false;
//default banner house ad url
clicksor_default_url = '';
clicksor_banner_border = '#fec700'; clicksor_banner_ad_bg = '#FFFFFF';
clicksor_banner_link_color = '#000000'; clicksor_banner_text_color = '#666666';
clicksor_banner_image_banner = false; clicksor_banner_text_banner = false;
clicksor_layer_border_color = '#fec700';
clicksor_layer_ad_bg = '#FFFFFF'; clicksor_layer_ad_link_color = '#000000';
clicksor_layer_ad_text_color = '#666666'; clicksor_text_link_bg = '';
clicksor_text_link_color = ''; clicksor_enable_text_link = false;
Contestants on this year's Great British Bake Off were asked to make floating islands, a recipe I recently came across in the M...
White Chicken Adobo, Adobong Puti is another version of my Adobong Puti . This time I have adopted the recipe from my post, Food Safari...
Special Chicharon Bulaklak . The chicharon bulaklak is made up of pig mesentery , the fatty tissue that hold together the pig’s small i...
The letter for this month's Alphabakes is Q - a little difficult when it comes to baking (I did a Queen of Puddings when this letter...
This was both the most memorable meal of my life, and the most forgettable, because I can barely recall what I ate (though luckily for this ...
Adobong Pusit at Baboy, Squid and Pork Adobo . I first tasted this adobo squid and pork combination at a specialty restaurant at Resorts...
This pie is based on an idea I saw in a Slimming World book or magazine a while ago but isn't actually particularly Slimming - I wanted ...
I love apple crumble but as my husband doesn't eat apple I almost never make it - because I feel like I'd have to make him an equi...
Recently I have been adding to my cookery book collection every time I go into my local charity shop - but I've had to stop as I...
Restaurant name : Nando's Location : Mile End Road, Whitechapel, London Description : Chain of South African restaurants servin...
- DIY Wedding: Personalised M&M Favours and Placecar...
- Making My Own Wedding Cake
- Restaurant review: All Bar One, Bishopsgate, Londo...
- Peaches and Cream Summer Sandcastle Cake
- Homemade Triple Chocolate Ice Cream with Kitchenai...
- Afternoon Tea Greetings Card
- Meal Planning Monday Week 30 2016
- Review: The Beckford Arms, Fonthill Gifford, Wilts...
- Our Wedding at the Larmer Tree Gardens, Wiltshire
- Thomas the Tank Engine 1st Birthday Card
- Restaurant Review: Bill's, Epsom
- This content is for http://ift.tt/1dErdfS only
- BBQ Pulled Pork - finished on the barbecue
- Teddy Bear and Birthday Sentiments Stamped Card
- Meal Planning Monday - Week 29 2016
- Afternoon Tea at the Skylounge, Hilton Tower of Lo...
- Hobbycraft Christmas in July new product launch
- Norwex Environmentally-Friendly Cleaning Products
- Cinnamon French Toast with Caramelised Peaches
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Goat's Cheese Enc...
- Hot Cross Bun Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding
- Meal Planning Monday- Week 28
- Christmas in July: Dot Com Gift Shop
- Restaurant review: Ottolenghi, Spitalfields
- Christmas in July: Lakeland's new range for 2016
- Meal Plan - Week 27
- ▼ July (26)
- ► 2015 (266)
- ► 2014 (121)
Powered by Blogger.