January is a time when a lot of people make resolutions to lose weight, or eat better, or just be more healthy in general.
It's not just about dieting though - it's about living a more healthy lifestyle. Dr. Caroline Puschendorf of Flourish Wellness (http://ift.tt/1JqbTtk) also practises mindfulness - appreciating being in the 'now' - and has found this to have a positive effect on wellbeing.
I asked my fiancé for his opinion on the mince pies as he is more of a connoisseur than me! He said they were quite nice - and was surprised to hear they were dairy free - but said they were too small so the ratio of pastry to filling wasn't quite right. So there you go Dr P - bigger is better!
She pointed out to me though that this is the traditional size and shape - deep fill mince pies are a more modern invention - and added: "I took a lot of orders from people who didn't have any dietary requirements at all, but just thought they were delicious."
Caroline is qualified in nutrition, psychology and behaviour and has been through some challenging times in the last few years, leaving her very well placed to give advice on well being and how to devise a strategy to achieve your goal, supporting clients via email, Facebook or Skype between sessions. Which sounds like just the sort of thing you need if you are no good at sticking to resolutions!
clicksor_enable_inter = true; clicksor_maxad = -1;
clicksor_hourcap = -1; clicksor_showcap = 2;
clicksor_enable_adhere = false;
//default pop-under house ad url
clicksor_enable_pop = true; clicksor_frequencyCap = -1;
durl = '';clicksor_mobile_redirect = false;
//default banner house ad url
clicksor_default_url = '';
clicksor_banner_border = '#fec700'; clicksor_banner_ad_bg = '#FFFFFF';
clicksor_banner_link_color = '#000000'; clicksor_banner_text_color = '#666666';
clicksor_banner_image_banner = false; clicksor_banner_text_banner = false;
clicksor_layer_border_color = '#fec700';
clicksor_layer_ad_bg = '#FFFFFF'; clicksor_layer_ad_link_color = '#000000';
clicksor_layer_ad_text_color = '#666666'; clicksor_text_link_bg = '';
clicksor_text_link_color = ''; clicksor_enable_text_link = false;
Contestants on this year's Great British Bake Off were asked to make floating islands, a recipe I recently came across in the M...
White Chicken Adobo, Adobong Puti is another version of my Adobong Puti . This time I have adopted the recipe from my post, Food Safari...
Special Chicharon Bulaklak . The chicharon bulaklak is made up of pig mesentery , the fatty tissue that hold together the pig’s small i...
The letter for this month's Alphabakes is Q - a little difficult when it comes to baking (I did a Queen of Puddings when this letter...
This was both the most memorable meal of my life, and the most forgettable, because I can barely recall what I ate (though luckily for this ...
Adobong Pusit at Baboy, Squid and Pork Adobo . I first tasted this adobo squid and pork combination at a specialty restaurant at Resorts...
This pie is based on an idea I saw in a Slimming World book or magazine a while ago but isn't actually particularly Slimming - I wanted ...
I love apple crumble but as my husband doesn't eat apple I almost never make it - because I feel like I'd have to make him an equi...
Recently I have been adding to my cookery book collection every time I go into my local charity shop - but I've had to stop as I...
Restaurant name : Nando's Location : Mile End Road, Whitechapel, London Description : Chain of South African restaurants servin...
- Restaurant Review: The City, City Airport, London
- Apple and Cheese Potato Cakes
- Roasted Cauliflower Steak with Stilton
- Beer Can Chicken with Jim Beam Honey Ginger Ale
- Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutter and Tattered Lace Birth...
- Restaurant Review: The Easton, Clerkenwell, London...
- Meal Planning Monday - week 5
- Arbroath Toasties
- Spiralizer Saturday: Prawn Mooli Stir-Fry
- Flourish Wellness Mince Pies Review
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Goo Goo Cake
- Party Pizza Pinwheels
- USA Travel Review: Chicago, Part 1
- Meal Planning Monday 2016 - Week 4
- Sticky Chinese Pork with Spiralized Carrots
- Sugar flowers: how to make an Arum or Calla Lily
- Vegetable Tortillas and Spicy Chicken Tortillas
- Say It With Flowers Thankyou Card
- Meal Planning Monday 2016 Week 3
- USA Travel Review: Louisiana - Honey Island Swamp ...
- Leftover Sausage Ragu with Spiralized Butternut Sq...
- Restaurant Review: Coin Laundry, Exmouth Market, L...
- Sugar Flowers: how to make a carnation
- Restaurant Review: Armadillo, Gatwick Airport
- Meal Planning Monday 2016 Week 2
- Cinnamon Puff Pastry Twists
- Spiralizer Saturday: Orange Chicken with Spiralize...
- USA Travel Review: Mississippi - Yazoo and Natchez...
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2015 (266)
- ► 2014 (121)
Powered by Blogger.