Thursday, May 14, 2015

Green Flower Friendship Card

 

This birthday card was made for a female friend and uses a variety of toppers. To start with I chose a square card blank and a piece of paper from a pack of different prints. It is green with daisies, and has a border along one side with a large white daisy on it. I positioned that on the right hand side of the card to draw the eye to the opening - you could also turn the paper the other way up and use it along the bottom.

In the upper third of the card, just inside the border, I placed a yellow die cut that I thought went with the yellows and greens of the backing paper. It has a lace edge and I think is from the Stephanie Weightman collection - I got it in a mixed pack from Ebay where I buy a lot of my card making supplies.

I had another pack of die cuts which had different messages inside banners, circles and squares, on white card with silver lettering I used one of these on a banner that said 'on your birthday' along the top and a circle with 'may all your wishes come true' in the middle. From another pack- which I also got on Ebay - I used a banner saying 'for a special friend' on white card mounted on green, which again went with the colours of the card. I was quite pleased with the overall colour scheme and style.

0 comments:

Post a Comment