Monday, June 29, 2015

Meal Planning Monday 2015 - Week 27


Finally a week that should be a lot quieter - but I will probably jinx it by saying that! Lately I've been out a lot and had to work late a bit and we've been away or busy at the weekends. This week I've just got my cake decorating class; no social events planned (which sounds depressing but is actually lovely to have a solid run of nights in at home!) and also no plans for the weekend. Other than the million and one things that need doing around the house and garden of course!

I've put some of the things that were on last week's menu down for this week as I didn't make them last week. Someone who shall remain nameless (though it wasn't me, and it wasn't the cat...) left the freezer open slightly overnight so I had to throw away or cook all the food that was in the door or at the front! Luckily the rest of it was OK but at the weekend we were eating things that had to be used up rather than the meals that I had planned.

Monday
Lunch: pasta salad or possibly out with a friend
Dinner: sandwich - at cake decorating class

Tuesday
Lunch: sandwich - only have 10 mins before going to the school where I volunteer
Dinner:  Deliciously Ella's butternut squash risotto with grilled chicken for me; gammon and mashed potatoes for him

Wednesday
Lunch: salad from Inspiralized book: apple, watercress, gorgonzola and pecan
Dinner: BBQ as the weather is meant to be amazing: sausages with some sort of salad side dish

Thursday
Lunch: leftover salad from BBQ or sandwich
Dinner: may be slightly late home; he can cook us something easy from the freezer

Friday
Lunch:
Dinner: a variation on Deliciously Ella's brazil nut and rocket pesto pasta; spaghetti carbonara for him

Saturday
Lunch: waffles - using sweet potato from me (from my new Inspiralized recipe book)
Dinner: BBQ: I want to have fish this time and will try something like this recipe. He doesn't eat fish  so I will do honey and mustard chicken kebabs from this recipe and no doubt he will want a burger as well.

Sunday
Lunch: bacon sandwich for him; lemon garlic broccoli with bacon from Inspiralized for me
Dinner: TBA - I had planned something but it was one of the things that defrosted after the freezer was left open so we had it last Sunday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment