Saturday, October 24, 2015

Reese's Pieces Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake



I never particularly liked peanut butter until I discovered Reese’s Pieces. The combination of chocolate and peanut butter is amazing and every time I go to the US I bring back a big bag of the peanut butter cups. This time I found a bag of mini cups, which I thought would be perfect to sprinkle over the top of a cake or dessert (or eat by the handful, of course).

 
 I also bought a plastic tub of Reese’s Pieces peanut butter chocolate spread – which is like Nutella but with peanut butter flavour – which is so yummy! You can get it in the UK as well- I found it in Tesco.
 
I decided to make a cake with the chocolate and peanut butter flavours and as a filling might make the cake too rich, there was only one thing for it – a bundt.
 
Here’s the recipe I created
Reese’s Pieces chocolate peanut butter bundt – an original recipe by Caroline Makes
 
200g butter
400g caster sugar
4 eggs
3 tbsp peanut butter
250g self-raising flour
100g cocoa powder
Splash of milk (optional)
To decorate
½ tub of Reese’s Pieces peanut butter chocolate spread (if you can’t get this, you could use regular chocolate spread with peanut butter mixed in)
To decorate: mini Reese’s Pieces (if you can’t get these, you can decorate with chocolate chips)
 
Preheat oven to 180C.
 
Cream the butter and the sugar then add the eggs, mixing well. Stir in the peanut butter until combined.
 
 
Fold in the flour and the cocoa powder. If the mixture looks too thick, add a splash of milk.

 
Grease your bundt tin and spoon in the mixture and level off. Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, checking with a metal skewer when the cake is done.

 
When baked, allow to cool in the tin then turn out of the tin onto a wire cooling rack. Put kitchen towel or newspaper under the rack to help keep your worktop clean if you like, as the next stage is a bit messy!
 
Spoon half a tub of the Reese's Pieces peanut butter chocolate spread (or nutella etc) to a microwave-proof bowl and heat in the microwave until it is a thick pouring consistency. Pour over the bundt and spread with a knife if needed so the glaze comes down the sides.

 
 
Decorate with mini Reese's Pieces or chocolate chips.

 
I made this for a bake sale at work and it went down very well - I only just managed to get a small slice to try it myself! It was a really good cake but you probably knew that from reading the name alone - if you like peanut butter anyway!
 
I'm sharing this with We Should Cocoa, the blog challenge started by Choclette of Tin & Thyme and run this month by It's Not Easy Being Greedy. The theme is USA and I bought the main ingredients for this cake in America!



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment