Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Restaurant review: The Grasshopper Inn, Westerham, Kent

We aren’t the most spontaneous of people and going out for dinner usually involves research and advance booking, but one night recently I was held up on the train from work, my boyfriend was already at home and it was a lovely evening so I texted him to ask if he fancied going out to dinner, and if he could pick somewhere and meet me with the car at the station when my train got in.
 
He chose the Grasshopper Inn in Westerham, Kent which was only a half hour drive from our house even though we live in a different county. It was a nice run in the car and when we arrived I was very taken with the restored Tudor building which houses the hotel and restaurant.
 
The food was good – despite it being a summer’s evening I really fancied the roast of the day and had roast gammon with roast potatoes, red wine gravy and an unfortunately quite flat Yorkshire pudding (£12.50). My boyfriend had a burger and chips (£9). The place let itself down by the service – there were only two other couples in there from what we could see, but service was extremely slow. We waited a long time to order, a long time to get our drinks and a long time to get our food. We would have been waiting a long time to pay our bill as well but we got up and went looking for a member of staff!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment