Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Ultimate Cheese Toastie Wrapped in Bacon

 
 
I saw this on Facebook ages ago and kept wanting to make it so one day decided we would have it for lunch at the weekend. This was before I got engaged and decided I needed to start a pre-wedding diet of course!
 
It’s very easy to make but very effective as my fiancé thought I was making him a bacon sandwich. Slice some cheese very thinly and place between two slices of bread.
 
 
Take some bacon – the streaky kind works best as you get long thin pieces. Wrap these around the sandwich so it is completely encased in bacon.
 
 
 
You don’t need much oil at all in the frying pan as the bacon releases plenty of grease itself but I sprayed the pan with a little Fry Light just to get it started (I definitely wouldn’t add liquid oil!). Heat the pan and place the sandwich in; cook on both sides until the bacon is done.
 
 
When you cut into the sandwich you will see the cheese has melted – it was awesome! I recommend having half a sandwich with some salad….
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment